Details of the plan include:
- expanding the green bin program to include apartments and condominiums.
- adding to waste allowed in recycling boxes.
- enlarging blue boxes to make recycling easier.
- building a composting plant.
- developing incentives to encourage the construction of "green" buildings.
- building community recycling centres for reusable goods such as mattresses or electronic components.
- Potential "congestion" fees on vehicles entering the downtown core like those implemented in London, England.